Parted away I was no more
A party to your emotions
For ages you were on
The other side of the ocean
I could not drown nor could swim
Nor could I have you in my dream
Nor could I float on the wave of my tears
Nor could I reach you with ore of the years
Nor could I just
Gather myself up
Fly up with the wings
That they had chopped off
Nor could I just rest
And cry out all the pain
Let out all the unrest
Oh! that I could at least feign
Oh! Then I thought
If I could get so blown away
That no muse of yours
Would ever cross my way
Parted away so long
I could never imagine
That after so long
We would encounter again
You would wipe away my torment
With your gentle palms
And parted no more
We will be blessed
again

No comments:
Post a Comment